Sunday, February 23, 2014

House Shows are the Fun Shows - Hot Tears, Jacqui, Feb 16



Last week I got to see some little bands play in house for the first time in ages. Not something that I thought happened so much in NYC, so I was really excited to crowd into a living room with a bunch of people and see a lineup of three really awesome women tear it down. All were totally inspiring, but I have to say... If you haven't heard Hot Tears yet, I highly recommend checking them (her, in this case, as she was without her cellist) out. I might be bias because she came all the way from Olympia, but... no actually, she was just had a really beautiful and technically perplexing set. Missing from these sketches is Audre Waiste; I wasn't in a good spot to draw when she was playing, but she was great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment